Terms & conditions (the boring bits)
Payment is required when booking your wine tour (not that we don’t trust you!). The easiest way is to book and pay online via PayPal – you don’t need a PayPal account, just a credit card. You can also call us to book and send us a cheque or bank transfer, or hand deliver us cash if you’re really keen – but until that cheque clears, you’re booking will only be temporary so there is a chance you could miss out.
Payment is in Australian dollars only please (although we might also accept gold bullion)
If you have to cancel, we’ll be sad but just in case you do, here’s what happens:
- If you give us at least 14 days notice, we’ll give you back 75% of your ticket cost
- If you give us between 7-13 days notice, we’ll give you back 50%
- If you give us between 3-6 days notice, we’ll give you back 25%
- If you give us 2 days or less, no refund sadly
If you have any special dietary requirements, please let us know and we’ll do our best to sort this out for you. Please note that as the wineries we visit for lunch are quite small, this isn’t always possible but we’ll let you know if this is the case and we can adjust your ticket price accordingly. If you want to bring a few snacks for the bus, that’s fine, just use common sense eg a packet of chicken flavoured chips is ok, a whole BBQ chicken and chips, is not.
Drinking, that’s what we’re here to do. It’s also a nightmare when it comes to insurance. We won’t bore you with the details but as our job is to try and impart some new knowledge onto you, here’s what we expect:
- No heavy drinking before the tour please, don’t rock up drunk, it’s just not a good way to start the day
- Wine thinking caps on, we don’t intend preaching at you but we do ask that you show some interest in learning a bit about wine. The wineries are pretty savvy regarding people who are just there to guzzle free booze – a bit of interest goes a long way, it could even result in more wine, whoo hoo!
- No wine pests –eg don’t get so sloshed that you annoy other people. While we do want you to enjoy as much wine as you like and expect that you may be a bit merry by the end of the day(spittoons are provided but we`ve never used one either), we don’t want to have to call you a taxi if you’re a risk to other passengers and our lovely clean van…We’ll call you a taxi but you’ll be the one paying for it. We’re pretty light hearted when it comes to drinking wine, just use common sense again please.
Hens & Bucks parties
It probably goes without saying that wineries can be more than a little apprehensive about Hens and Bucks parties as the perception is that these groups are just after free booze. And as our focus is on wine appreciation, we do ask that if you are booking a Hen/Bucks group, that you do have some interest in wine. We love free booze as much as the next person but we’re about thinking and drinking, not guzzling aimlessly – save that for later in the night. So yes to Hens and Bucks, just ask a few intelligent questions and don’t get too messy, you need to pace yourselves after all!
Pick up/Drop off
We can pick you up and drop you off at your home, hotel or other location. But as Canberra is pretty spread out, here’s what we’ll do:
- If you live within 15km of Civic, we’ll pick you up and drop you off as part of the tour price
- If you live further afield, we’ll charge $5per person per way. We’ll wave this charge if there are 5 or more in your group and you are all being picked up/dropped off from one place within Canberra.
- We’ll touch base with you 1 week before the tour to confirm pick up time and location.
- We hire a range of buses to transport our guests ranging from 12-seater mini vans to large 48-seater coaches, all are air-conditioned. I’m sure you’re absolutely fascinated by this but by law we are required to publish the accreditation number of our buses, so here’s a box being ticked (are you reading this government people…you’re probably the only ones…)
Bensley’s Buses – NSW 9592 / ACT BS008TC
- We’ll operate our tour with as little as 1 guest. However, if you are the lucky one, just note that we’ll probably take you out in our car rather than a 12 seater van
- We may occasionally have to alter our itineraries due to weather, road works, demands on the wineries etc. It will still be awesome, just different.